Maseno University established an e-learning Centre, eCampus, in 2007 to improve the quality of educational experience for its students while meeting the high demand for university education in the country.
The centre, which is located at the Kisumu City Campus College, was created in recognition of the potential benefits of distance learning among them flexibility in choice of programs especially with regard to what, where and when to study.
The eCampus is designed around a web-based learning management system which provides an administrative centre for the faculty and an electronic community for students.
Student under e-learning programmes make use of electronic media and the Internet to access educational curriculum outside of the physical brick and mortar classrooms in any of the university’s campuses.
Through the centre, Maseno has adopted a blended approach to teaching and learning that combines face-to-face with technology-based learning experiences where programmes are delivered through the Internet while exams are taken on-campus at the end of each semester.
The e-learning centre has promoted innovative learning and teaching for regular on-campus programmes, part time off-campus programmes, and Open and Distance Learning (ODL) programmes.
The centre has enabled the university to equip both the lecturers and the students with the skills necessary for a workforce that is increasingly becoming dependent on ICT for their daily workplace demands.
Maseno University offers the following distance learning programs and courses:
- Certificate in Basic Statistics
- Certificate in Basic Mathematics
- Post graduate diploma in education
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Mathematical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science Applied Statics
- Business Science Actuarial Science
- Master of Science in Quantitative Research Methods
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Art in Project Planning and Management
- Master of Art in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Master of Arts in Social Development and Management
- Master of Art in Social Policy
- Master of Education and Educational Administration