The university has commissioned a virtual campus dubbed ‘Digital Varsity’ aimed at offering online education to students in Kenya and beyond.
Digital Varsity is driven by the universal advancement in technology as well as the demand for higher education that incorporates innovative teaching methods, quality learning, flexibility and convenience.
The virtual campus enables students from far flung areas and those with commitments preventing them from attending physical classrooms to study online through innovative teaching mechanisms and support systems.
Through the MKU’s online learning portal, students pursuing distance and e-learning programmes are able to interact with their lecturers, submit assignments, generate online discussions and check their academic progressions online.
The e-portal for distance learning in Mount Kenya University has created a major virtual learning environment which is not affected by time or physical distance between the students and lecturers as long as they have access to the Internet.
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Environmental Health
- Diploma in Special Needs Education
- Diploma in Public Relations & Diplomacy
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Education
- Bachelor of Education(Sciences)
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bachelor of Arts in Travel & Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Business Management
- Bachelor of Education in Special Needs studies
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health
- Bachelor of Information Science and Commerce
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Arts in Public Management
- Master of Arts in Governance and Ethics
- Master of Education in Education Planning
- Administration and Management